I searched for this acronym on the web today. Now I need to give credit where credit is due. It was posted by Pastor Dave Ferguson of the Verge Church, however, I’m sure I saw it many moons ago….. It’s a great acronym; if you, like me, are a bit stymied trying to figure out how you can BLESS your own neighbors!
- B- Begin with prayer. We want you to ask, ‘God how do you want me to bless the people in the places you’ve sent me to?’
- L- Listen. Don’t talk, but listen to people, their struggles, their pains, in the places God sent you.
- E- Eat. You can’t just check this off. It’s not quick. You have to have a meal with people or a cup of coffee. It builds relationships.
- S- Serve. If you listen with people and you eat with people they will tell you how to love them and you’ll know how to serve them.
- S- Story. When the time is right, now we talk and we share the story of how Jesus changed our life.
Genesis 12:2-3 says, “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
Give it some thought or jot it in your journal,